Monday, February 27, 2017

Why Prayers Not Answered? 7 (HP07)

Mark 11:25  “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses."

Unforgiveness if not checked will develop into hatred, whereby the victim filled with bitterness will eventually be obsessed to destroy his enemy by even using lies, false witness, deceptions, etc. thus leading him to damnation. (Also, without Him forgiving our sins, we are not saved). Unforgiveness is also the sign of merciless and without love.

1 Cor 13:1-3  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Without love or unforgiveness, all our charitable works, sacrifices, prayers, are not acceptable to God.

Mat 5:23-24  "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."

In fact many of our problems are caused by misunderstandings resulting to bitterness and pains.

Luke 23:34a  Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”

At the cross our Lord forgave all of us, who had caused Him to suffer such great pains, so why can't we forgive our brethren who have not even crucified us. Please follow the Lord's example and accept that all those who have hurt us are  ignorant or unaware of their wickedness, then we will be able to forgive everyone.

The Bible is filled with parables and teachings concerning the need to forgive one another. Unforgiveness is the greatest obstacle to prayers reaching the mercy seat.